Well, I was feeling pretty good yesterday. I had just a few days left on my vacation before classes begin again at the university and all of my classes are set to go. What's more, I have spent the latter part of my vacation steadily working down my "Honey-do" list, and am nearing the bottom.

At any rate, I was sanding a set of shelves I'd built for our pantry(nothing special, just pine and poplar, painted white). I thought I'd sand the dadoes a bit as I cut the with a router, and the bit has seen better days, it left some fuzzy stuff behind. As I'm sanding, I think, "This sandpaper is garbage. It isn't cutting very well." Blithely, I continued sanding the edges of the dadoes, getting frustrated, but too lazy to stop and check the paper. Until, at one point, the sander just stopped making any progress, other than burnishing the wood(about 10 minutes into the adventure). Grudgingly, I stopped the sander, turned it over and realized...............I hadn't put any sandpaper on it! I had just sanded nearly 6 feet of pine with the VELCRO PAD! And ruined it!

Genius, thy name is not Svenningsen!

Off to the True Value Hardware to pay $20.00 for a new one(we have no big box for 90 miles in these parts).

Dumb, dumb, dumb....

Have a nice day.

Russell