Thread: new table saw sled

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

new table saw sled

This sled is a bit smaller than most however it is more than adequate for my needs. Width capacity is about 12".

All multi-lam Baltic birch. As you can see its built for stability. 1" thick bottom.

I purchased a Kreg runner and cut it in half. The sides of the aluminum runners are tapped to accept plastic set screws that bear on the sides of the table saw miter grooves. Lets you take up any slack and can aid in alingment. Don't know yet how long the plastic will last but the runner does come with lots of extras. Bottom of the base was dadoed for the runners.

The fence, yeah its thick but very straight, is through bolted to the base. Base holes are fairly snug on the bolts but do allow for minute adjustment of the fence if needed. So far its right on ! I used teflon tape on the bottom at four areas. This is a heavy beast (19 lbs.) but slides so easily its a joy to use. I pray I never get a kick back.

The blue track for the clamp is Rockler. The clamp is ancient and I used a rubber drain plug on a piece of all thread for the adjustable bolt. The metal plate under the clamp is also Rockler. I'll probably make a clamp for the cut off side as well.

The walnut triangle at the rear covers the exposed saw blade

Cheers,

Kent
    Attached Images Attached Images