Hi All!

I'm using a Versalaser VL200 with air assist cone and a SENSEN brand air compressor - model number ACO-818. This compressor is 385W, 220VAC/50Hz, 300L/min.

Previously I would often do vector cutting of acrylic (1 - 5mm) without the cone, only using it when cutting wood or leather. I realised that by doing this I have to clean the lens pretty often.

When I tried using the cone on all vector cutting jobs, I notice the prolonged cleanliness of the lens. However there is a quick built up of white crusty 'dust' around the mouth of the cone. It appears after a few jobs even when I have my air aperture on full. Inside the cone, this white dust creeps in about 1cm and stops. I have to clean the mouth of the cone after every few jobs.

I did my intuitive investigations based on my meagre technical knowledge and realised that when the compressor's air tube is disconnected from the VL unit, the air pumped out is strong and the air intake hole of the compressor is working totally fine. However when connected to the VL unit, there is a backflow of air coming out of the compressor's air intake hole. There is still air coming through the cone and when i place my fingers at both ends of the cone and can still feel some pressure.

I cleaned out the compressor's filters, check the tubes for holes, half dismantled my cone to clean the aperture holes and even vacuuming the hole at the back of the VL unit where the air tube is plugged, hoping desperately to clear any blockages and enhancing the air pressure. All these but to no avail.

Can someone advise me? My sales rep hasn't gotten back to me which leaves me to believe he has no solution either