I noticed an Estate sale a block down from my house, so I wandered my happy butt down there today... found three saws, for $5.00 each. I saw the Disston immediately and glommed on to all three I know I did good, I got a few other inconsequential things, a float, 4 files and whole bunch of wrenches too for 30 bucks. But the Disston saw is by far more than I expected and or hoped for, especially since it is in great condition, and is quite sharp! As near as I can tell it is either a No. 7 or No. 8, it's 26" long, but I can't read through the patina, on the blade to tell. I know the handle for the No. 7 is Beech, and the handle for the No. 8 is Apple. Any clue how I could tell the difference? Of course my next question is what should I do to restore it, I would like to remove the small amount of rust on the blade, and maybe polish it up a bit (is this heresy) I want it to work with, not to look at! I don't think the teeth need resetting, maybe some filing, but it seems quite sharp. How do I tell if it is a Rip saw or a crosscut saw? Anyone care to leverage a guess at the other two saws, especially the one in the middle of the pic. What have all yer dern Neanders dun did to me?