Okay, so I'm not an English teacher. I did however take a lot of English classes including usage and diction in collage. So, the misuse of our language, the inability to spell even the simplest words, and the lack of distiction between to, too, and two, can be a pet peeve of mine.

While reading this CL ad, I cringed. I can only imagine the English teachers that read it and pulled all their hair out! How does someone make it though the school system and still feel comfortable spitting this out. If the person is posting on CL, they likely have a computer or some other device that has spell check capabilities, so the person not only spells poorly, has bad grammar, uses run-on sentences, and doesn't know what punctuation is for, but also is too lazy to take two (see the distinction?) seconds to spell check.

Before I get slammed, let me say that I understand that in today's society, texting habbits overflow into other writing areas. But this doesn't look like texting lingo to me.

Ugh, seeing this was not only depressing, but angering. I can only HOPE that it made others feel the same way. Our country is dumbing down, and it is disheartening.

And, yes, I just ran this rant through spell check and found 6 errors, but I had too much pride to not take two seconds to check.