Thread: Memorial Flat Display Case

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Memorial Flat Display Case

I asked and was given permission to build a flag display case for the deceased father of a lifelong friend. The deceased was 88 years old and a veteran of WWII.

He has several medals and a $1.00 bill on which he wrote the names of all the countries he was in during the war. My friend would like to include all of those in the case and I intend to attach an engraved plaque reading "In Loving Memory of XXXXX XXXXXXX From a Grateful Nation.

I've done a google search and have saved a couple of designs that I like. I'd also like to know if anyone else here has made a memorial flag case and would be willing to share the design.

I grew up as fence neighbors with the deceased and had the utmost love and respect for him. I'd really like to honor his memory and his military service with a fine case.

If you have or know about a great design, I'd be interested in seeing it.

Edit In: I didn't notice the typo in the title until after I posted. I don't know how to edit the title.
    Last edited by Cody Colston; 05-23-2010 at 7:38 PM. Reason: Typo in title.
    Cody

Logmaster LM-1 sawmill, 30 hp Kioti tractor w/ FEL, Stihl 290 chainsaw, 300 bf cap. Solar Kiln