Thread: Help Identifying These?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Help Identifying These?

I just met a lady who's husband had to be placed in a nursing home. She now has the task of dispersing his huge collection of hand and power tools. I came across a couple of items that have me puzzled. Any help ID'ing these would be great.

The knife-looking tool has Robt. Sorby on it, and is thick in the middle down the length, then tapers toward the sides like a dagger. The overall shape looks factory to me, but I'm not sure about the notches. I'm guessing it was a wire stripper, or at least modified and used for that.

The saw has the slip-on cover that fits like a glove, literally. The saw has been sharpened a bit, and the cover appears to have been made to fit the full width blade when new. The strap across the top is brass with small brass screws. Is this possibly something that came with the saw? I can't make out the name in the pics I took, and don't remember what it said. It was very difficult to make it out anyway. The bottom line is Sheffield, the medalion has no lettering. It does have split nuts, in case that helps.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Greg
    Attached Images Attached Images