Quote Originally Posted by Paul Atkins View Post
(Yes, Joshua, I'm working on the video.)
Hahahaha. I just read this and I started laughing out loud. Luckily thanks to a round of layoffs and other leaving here at work I am alone in this row of 8 cubes. So I think I got away with it and no one thinks I am crazy.

I just hope I haven't become too big a pest Paul!

Oh and I just had to comment on David's post here in this thread. I thought that this comment:

"I'd turn with a hammer and a circular saw if it would cut down on the sanding at the end of a piece."
was both pretty darn accurate and amazingly funny. I hadn't realized how far I had come in sanding until recently when I was cleaning up my storage area and looked at some of my early bowls. I had tried to sand out 1/8" - 1/4" deep picked out grain on the end of the bowl. In some cases after hours of sanding I had passable results. Now I am getting away 99% of the time with about a minute of sanding per piece. Pretty darn awesome when things start working for you instead of against.

But then while feeling pleased with myself I got the chance to hit the Utah Woodturners Symposium this year for the first time. Watching the true pro's do what they do showed me that while I am making progress I have about 29 years worth of practice to go.

Joshua