Thread: Monstrous Redoux (Now with pics)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Monstrous Redoux (Now with pics)

The swan neck bar that is supplied with the Monster hollowing system can be mounted in either the captured or the articulated rigs. But the bar itself can only accept the carbide scrapers and not the HSS cutters. I found myself wanting to mount the cutters on the swan necked bar and was slightly disappointed that I was unable to do so. I inquired as to the possibility of having a swan neck bar made up that is bored and tapped for set screws in the same manner as the straight boring bar. Randy replied that he used to offer a swan neck bar that was so configured but that it did not sell very well so he stopped making them. However, he offered to make one up for me so I went ahead and paced an order with him for one. It seems to me that this will vastly increase the versatility of the system. So, just in case there are any others out there with one or the other (or both) of the hollowing rigs who would like to be able to mount the HSS tool holders on the swan neck bar, all you need to do is ask. Randy told me it would be the same price as the "standard" swan neck bar which I thought was very reasonable.

Here's a couple of "phone shots" of the articulated rig set up on my lathe. I really like these tools!

monster_3.jpg

monster_4.jpg
    Last edited by David DeCristoforo; 07-12-2010 at 9:43 PM.
    David DeCristoforo