Thread: Donor Board Project Ideas

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Donor Board Project Ideas

Hello everyone. I am researching a project for a local swimming pool that is wanting to build a donor board. They do not want to do the typical perpetual plaque thing and also want to avoid the expense of bronze or aluminum plaques. Donor bricks have been ruled out also. Plaques to be mounted either on to a cedar wall, a bamboo wall, or to drywall (none have been ruled out at this time). The project will be on going so the need to add names in the future needs to be considered.

Attached is a picture of a possible idea the committee is kicking around, however they are wanting to do a different variation using clear acrylic and mounting with gold standoffs. (see below for acrylic details)

There are 3 different levels of sponsorship, therefore three different sizes, and three different colors.
    Acrylic details:
    2-1/2 x 8 x 1/4 Clear acrylic, GREEN on one long side and 2 holes
    4 x 8 x 1/4 Clear acrylic, BLUE on one long side and 2 holes
    8 x 8 x 1/4 Clear acrylic, GOLD on one long side and 2 holes

The committee about fell over when I quoted them the price of the stand offs from Johnson Plastics. The only company I have to get stand offs is Johnson Plastics.
    Question 1: Are there any other companies who sell stands offs that are are less expensive?

Prior to getting to involved in this project, I searched the forum for donor walls and received excellent advice regarding the bidding process, possible hurdles, and tribulations. Advice in regards to that part of the project have been addressed thanks to previous posts. I am looking for ideas and suggestions.
    Question 2: Is anyone willing to share pictures and/or suggest alternate material ideas for donor walls that they have built or created over the years?

Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chuck
    __________________________________________________ ____________________
    ULS M-360 50 Watt, Corel X3, Signlab 7.1, Photograv 2.0, Adobe CS3, Summa D-60, Sandblasting (for engraving Granite Monuments/Memorials)