After a year or so, I think I finally have a good sharpening technique and I look for every possible chance to use my planes (vs the jointer and the planer). However, something is not right with my technique. In the past week I planed some tapers on some legs (cut originally on the bandsaw). I also planed down some narrow pieces to final width (planed the edge). In both cases I am ending up with the planed surfaces being out of square to the other surface. What might I be doing wrong? I have been using primarily my Lie Nielsen #4. I'm not taking off much, but the squareness issue comes up quick. Is it something with technique? Might my plane blade be a little angled? What should I trouble shoot first?

On the plus side, I am getting great results in planing boards and boy am I getting some "finish ready" surfaces with that #4. I am really loving this and any time I can use a plane over a sander or sand paper, I am one happy person. My other planes are a LN low angle block and a Veritas #5 bevel up jack. I know... I need more.