I have a Craftsman Contractors saw that I have been tinkering and slightly upgrading since I have had it. I have always wanted a cabinet saw, but in my first shop I was severly limited in electrical supply. So the Craftsman was easy choice. Over the last couple years I done a couple mods that increased its accuracy. Including making my own set of PALS. I actually had to take the whole carriage apart and open 2 of the holes more with a file to get it truely aligned. I added a link belt. And ordered an extra set of fence rails and extended its rip capacity to 50".

This all worked out pretty well, but the fence is still finiky and just not that easy to adjust for parallel. I am in my new shop for a couple years now and it has its own 200amp service. But I am just not ready to pay for the saw I want. So, I decided to pull the trigger and buy a shop fox fence and 7' rails. If I do get a cabinet saw I was going to keep the Craftsman as a 2nd saw anyway. So I think the fence will be worth it even though that would be a good chunk of change to put towards a cabinet saw.