Hello,
I am new to the forum today and have some questions for those who would like to help me out. I worked at a sign shop for 18 years where we did mostly highway signs, road construction related sign work, some screen printing , very little commercial sign work and even less hand painted signs. I started doing windowsplashes on my own where I use oil based paints exclusively, except of course for a white latex background. Only recently have I heard about doing windowsplashes on Tyvek paper, cutting the panels to fit inside of each window and attach with double sided adhesive strips. I heard this works very well but I have had no experience with it as of yet. I also found out that only water based paints like acrylics will work on the Tyvek paper as oil based paints will pucker the material. I have almost no experience with acrylics but went out and bought some 2 oz. bottles, up to 16 oz. bottles to begin my new application for doing windowsplashes. Someone suggested using 1" foam brushes and just toss them away when you are done. I am use to using grey squirrel quills and blended hair lettering flats and know I can't use them with the acrylics as they are soaking in motor oil when not in use. I was going to build a simple 8'X4' plywood table to start with and attach it to the wall vertically and use those little spring loaded clamps to hold up the Tyvek. I recently purchased a 48"X150' roll of Tyvek from Uline and am about to build my work station. Do any of you think doing my painting vertically is a good idea or is their a better method? I am use to doing painting vertically on glass but have no experience with acrylics as of yet. I would appreciate any advice any of you might have and how best to utilize the acrylic paint and set up a small work station. Any advice would be appre3ciated. Thanks for your time. Rick. http://www.rickswindowsplash.com