I like to thank every one who replied to my previous post, it was all very helpful.

so it looks like Im going to be using a friends garage space for my shop set up. the garage is about 24'x24' , im up grading elect for about $1000 (100 amp panel with new feed line) there is no heat but there is a place to put a wood stove.

Ive done a simple lay out of all the tools and it looks as if there is plenty of work space. Im grouped the table saw, band saw, jointer, planer, ras & cms in a clockwise circle on the right side of the space. I put milling machines against the left wall with a workbench in the middle. there is a little open space across the front of the garage for assembly and a wood rack. I have about 3' of space between most objects where ill be moving product back and forth. Im planning on having rolling bases on most of the machines for better versatility.

I know with out seeing a pic this mite be hard to visualize... but if any body has insight as what works in there shops it would be greatly appreciated.

thanx