Since Wixey is not planning to make a digital tilt unit for the tablesaw, I decided to take matters into my own hands.

I made a simple bracket for the Wixey and attached it to my saw- now I have a bit more precision, more convenience with a continuous readout, and it is easier on my eyes.

First I removed the blade elevation lock, the handwheel setscrew, the handwheel, and the tilt angle pointer.

I made a wooden bracket (too lazy to make it from steel) that slips over the tilt shaft and attaches to the tilt pointer bracket by the pointer screw. I attached the pointer to the top and mounted a small piece of steel angle at the end:

Then I reinstalled the elevation crank and lock knob:

How it works:

I set the blade to 0 deg. tilt using the Wixey in the normal manner - set the Wixey on the top of the saw, zeroize it, attach it to the blade disc, and turn the tilt crank to adjust the blade to 0.0 deg. using the readout.

But then however, instead of putting it aside, I place the Wixey on the little steel shelf at the end of the wooden bracket. The shelf is tilted slightly but that doesn't matter since I zeroize the Wixey again. Now both the blade and Wixey are calibrated and at 0 deg. (once adjusted, the pointer also indicates 0 deg.)

Then, using the Wixey readout, I tested it by tilting the blade to various angles, first to 22.5 deg.

the pointer also reads 22.5 deg.

Then, using the Wixey readout again, I attempted to tilt the blade to 45 deg. but hit the stop which was either improperly adjusted or caked with dust, so I could only get 44.7 deg.

That is what the pointer reads too, at least that is what it looked like it was reading, since it is not that precise! (there is a little parallax due to the camera angle).

This worked very well, was easy to do, and required no permanent mods to the machine!!! Maybe I'll send it to the magazines as a tip.