Ive been trying to keep up with my New Years resolution of "Less glowing rectangles & more 3D activities" by spending more time in the shop.

After giving up on my cordless drills for pocket holes, I pulled out my only corded drill, a monster Dewalt 1/2 hammer drill. Well it didnt take long to get tired from holding that.

I decided I wanted a small corded drill to use around the shop. Some searching indicated none of the big names (Dewalt, PorterCable, etc) make small corded drills anymore.

I ended up going with a Black & Decker (http://www.blackanddecker.com/power-tools/DR340B.aspx) that I got for $35 at Lowes. My only complaint was the short cord, which was quickly rectified by rewiring in a 20ft extension cable from HF.

Its only been a few weeks, but Ive thus far been darn happy with it. The corded power is great and the weight is very low. I just hope it lasts over time.

Gotta admit, Ive always had a bit of a negative impression of Black Decker, and this is the first B&D tool in my shop, but Im satisfied with it, I cant believe it...

--
John Cavanaugh