Thread: I need some help with a Craig's List Ad (Very strange reply) - Opinions, Please

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I need some help with a Craig's List Ad (Very strange reply) - Opinions, Please

I posted on CL yesterday. I received an email last night wanting to know if it was still available. I responded in the affirmative, and got the following email this morning. This seems a bit unusual to me. Even the wording is suspect ("Aspen Hill of Maryland"?????? - I mean who talks like that???) This person is willing to pay me without even looking at the machine?? Is this some kind of scam? Anyone know? the longer I look at this, the more red flags go up for me.

Thanks for the prompt response to my mail.
    I will be buying from you so please kindly withdraw the advert from C..LIST.
    Please be informed that i will be paying with a certified check from my Bank as i just moved here from Aspen Hill Of Maryland on a job transfer.I will need the following details to mail the payment as soon as possible.

1.Name to be on the payment __________________ 2.Home address______________

3.City ____________4.State _____________

5.Zip Code________________ 6.Cell phone#______________________

I will make arrangements for the pick up as soon as you have your money I am completely satisfied with the advert and the payment will be delivered within 2-3? working days.** I use a hearing impaired phone #
    and will receive your calls via email ***********
    Mrs. (name removed)
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 01-21-2011 at 6:46 AM.
    Regards,

Glen

Woodworking: It's a joinery.