Hey guys,

A couple of weeks ago I got my new MM16 and got a bunch of blades with it. I ended up installing a 1/2 blade, carbon steel I assume and tightened it up by feel. Did some cuts and was very happy. One of the blades I got was a Lennox carbide blade so I figured I should get a tension gauge so I don't wreck my expensive blade. Ordered one from Iturra. I put the gauge on and tensioned it up to 15,000 psi turned the saw on and the blade flopped all over. So I tightened it up to around 35,000 psi and the blade did great. Iturra says blades are usually tensioned between 15,000 and 30,000 psi. Seems weird to tension a half inch carbon blade this much. Am I worrying about nothing? It seems that the MM can stretch this 1/2 blade without any effort. Is this saw just that pumped up??

Also thought I might be reading the gauge incorrectly. On the gauge it says to multiply reading by 1000 and the graduations go 10, 20, 30....all the way to 90. So I figure this gauge could read to 90,000 psi. I noticed the dial indicator does not match the one shown in the FWW test on bladsaw blades, so I may have an updated or different design.

Thanks in advance for the help
Jason