I know I will be sorry for getting into this exchange.

1. Voltage NEVER "flows trough" a capacitor, if it did you would have a short circuit and that is why there is a voltage rating on the cap. That rating is a maximum amount of potential difference(voltage) the cap is built to work at. What you do have is an alternating voltage that is continuously changing polarity. For voltages distributed in the US that change is happening 60 times per second.

The capacitor consists of two conducting plates that is insulated from each other. That insulation may be air, paper, and materials known to be insulating, even oil. The plates are placed close to each other where one plate can cause an effect on the other when a potential difference occurs between the two. When you have an excess of electrons on one plate it is negative. At the same time, the other plate has a deficiency of electrons thus being positive. IF you have a DC voltage, that is all that happens in a capacitor, end of game and we all go home. ( One time I took a 5 Mfd oil-filled capacitor charged to 500vdc to to physics class. With the cap on the lab table, I dropped a wad of steel wool across the two terminals of the cap. The result was a loud crack like a fire cracker, as the charges on the two plates of the capacitor equalized for a resulting voltage of Zero.)

But we normally are dealing with alternating voltages. In a alternating voltage environment the polarity of the voltage is reversing at some stated rate, 60 cycles. Think a bout the sine wave. The change of polarity causes the electrons to flow from the negative plate while at the same time electrons are be accumulated on the positive plate make it now negative and the original negative plate now positive. The change of charge on the two plates is the apparent current flow through a capacitor. At NO time did voltage actually pass through the capacitor.

Yes, you can have high pass and low pass filters that consist of combinations of capacitors, resistors, and inductors. Capacitors, inductors, and resistors are fundamental parts all electrical circuits.

A bleeder resistor is just as the name says, it bleeds a stated amount of current off to its reference point, typically ground. It provides a nominal stabilizing load on a circuit.