To All,

I've started a new project, a display cabinet setting on a small round fronted table with a pair of drawers. I've built the legs, frame and curved molding for the table top which was interesting but not that difficult. I then resawed some thin boards and glued them up on a curved press for the rounded drawer fronts. I wanted to join the drawer sides to the fronts using half-blind DTs. I just decided to cut the joints by hand as I couldn't see a way to make these joints on a curved front trapezoidal drawer box other than by hand. This was a challenge I discovered.

I got them put together but they are far from perfect. I've got a little cosmetic surgery to perform on a couple of the tails and some fitting to do of the drawers into the cabinet. Considering the difficulty factor, I'd give myself a passing grade. I learned a bit about how to deal with these skewed angled dovetail joints.

This is just the base stand for a curved fronted display that will sit on top of it. It's Black Walnut and White Ash, black and white.

Thanks for looking, Bret

IMG_0071[1].jpgIMG_0070[1].jpgIMG_0074[1].jpgIMG_0072[1].jpg