Ordered new tools and knew I was going to have to start looking at Dust Collection next but before I could really research much there was a Fantastic Deal on an older Oneida V-3000 System on CL and I snapped it up.. And not it just sits in the corner of my garage with me kind of intimidated on how I need to set up duct work and were this thing should be located and such. I've looked at a lot of others setups and trying to figure out what kind of pipe I need and such. Figured I would check with you guys to see the best practices on how this thing should be laid out I guess.

First I'm in a 2 car garage in a smaller zero lot line type neighborhood. The Main tools I will be using this thing for are
1. Hammer K3 Winner Table Saw
2. Hammer A3 31 Joiner/Planer
3. Woodpecker Router Table With Super Fence that has a dust collection port on it.
4. Palm Sanders (possibly the same drop as the router table and just move the hose over.
5. Possibly one of those sweeper shoots that you sweep your shavings over to and it sucks them up but not sure on this just now

So If I put the Cyclone up against the wall do I need to run hard pipe up and do drops down to the tools with flex hose? I assume I'll need Gates for all my Drops? Is there a big difference in $ or performance in going with either Metal piping vs. PVC / Plastic Pipes?

Also the Cyclone has a cartridge filter on it but curious as to venting it to the outside. Someone on one of the post said that the amount of fine dust that goes that direction is small and doesn't really show up outside. That would be o.k. but if it's going to look like a smoke stack out the side of my house or build up a large pile outside the house that wouldn't and I would need to leave the cartridge on it.

Also if I run a main pipe down the wall and across the ceiling then what's the best way to split off for the drops? I keep seeing these Y type fittings for splitting but some of them are $100 each..

Any help would be appreciated.. I'm tired of looking at this thing and ready to start using it.

Thanks

Ray