Ole, there was a whole thread pretty much devoted to your last peeve. Both sides argued strongly. Neither side could convince the other it was right, despite citing law. What it boils down to is that in many to most states, the law states that if you are traveling in the left lane, and someone is coming up faster than you, regardless of their speed, you must move to the right. However, even in a state (New York) which has such a law, there is case study that disregards that law. Meaning a man that got a ticket for not moving over fought it in court. The judge dismissed the case saying something to the effect that he will not support that law. In Maryland, where I reside, we are one of the few states that do not require a vehicle in the left lane to yeild to another vehicle that is exceeding the speed limit. In Maryland, if you exceed the speed limit, you forfeit any right of way.

While some argue that you "should" move over even if the law does not require you to, I have to respectfully disagree. It is neither my duty nor my obligation to allow someone to break the law...any law...including speeding. The limit is there for a reason. Safety. Speed causes accidents. Speed raises insurance. Speed kills. While admittedly, I will drive, as you say +5, in the left lane, when I come up to someone going exactly the speed limit, I may be a little frustrated because I would like to go a little faster, but I by no means expect them to move over for me. They are abiding by the law. I'm breaking it. It is MY duty at that point to allow the law abiding citizen to continue to drive freely, safely, and without being tailgated. Even if I don't like it.

Now, the guy that goes -5, then +5, then -5, then +5 and can't keep a steady pace...THAT will drive me off a cliff!