This Saturday our local club will hold its July meeting, and the owner of the SJPT will be there to give our members a historical synopsis of the trees history. At the last "cut & haul" day I presented Mrs. Donna Miller with the first turning from the tree for her own family keepsakes.

Her friend and great supporter of this endeavor as well, Sylvia Miller [no relation, just same last name] will get the second of the turnings from this tree for all her help so far.

The first was a box/foot and lid, this one is a box as well, and came from a small limb piece. I wanted to give something similar, but not exactly the same. Our club members will be helping to finalize the plans for the wood in the upcoming meeting.

The box is 5.75 inches tall and 4.25 at the widest part [base] only a coat of shellac so far, and I will sand and finish it with WOP today.

IMGP2904.jpgIMGP2898.jpgIMGP2899.jpg

By comparison, I will post this pic of the #1 box..........

IMGP2813.jpg This white oak has a real rustic quality to it, and the owner likes to preserve that quality so nothing real fancy with the turnings...........just letting the wood speak for itself. The tree is estimated to be over 300 years old.