Thread: Found a great American made product today..........

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Found a great American made product today..........

In the last week I have had three sets of sawhorses fail. You know, those stamped tin pieces of crap that are all that is available most places. Well, there is the plastic ones, junk for a whole different set of reasons.

Anyway.... After a pair collapsed when I set a few pieces of material on them yesterday with the forklift, I was on a mission today. After about twenty hardware stores and lumber yards I found some real portable horses.

They are the TOTE-A-HORSE from the Fulton Corporation out of Fulton, Ill. Cost about double, weigh about three time as much, very, very sturdy, and have a pretty paintjob as well as being adjustable for height. Fold up into a package about the size of a pool stick case, with a handle.

I called the store back up to buy all they had and was told that was the last they will get as they are too expensive. What is expensive? To me expensive is buying a product that does not do its job well, such as all the stamped tin ones in my metal recycling dumpster.

My work is a lot more mobile now, so wooden horses are not really a possibility any more. This product will fill a need with style for me.

And....... It's made in the USA! Bonus!

Larry
    Last edited by Larry Edgerton; 08-05-2011 at 7:29 AM. Reason: Beer affected my spelling....