Thread: Unisaw Dust Collection

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Unisaw Dust Collection

I know this topic has been hashed over many times but as I was looking through prior threads I did not see the solution that I devised to this difficult problem without cutting any new holes in the cabinet.

Mine is the model 36-812, 1994 model with the wide slot at the bottom of the dust chute on the right side under the door. What I did, as shown in the photo below, is take a 3" PVC pipe and cut it in half lenthwise, cap one end and then shim or sleeve the 3" pipe at the other end to accept the 4" hose. This then gets bolted over dust ejection slot by just drilling two holes.

How well does this work? Actually quite well, although not without a little personal assistance. Dust will begin to pile up in the corners and at one end of the collection port. I remedy this by using my air hose with the DC turned on and that pulls all the rest of it out. So, by this means I can get 95% of the dust out of the cabinet without ever opening the door. To make it function though I have to stuff a rag in the huge tilt wheel slot at the front.

If you don't have air, you'll have to make a small hoe, then open the door and pull accumulated dust down to the port where it then gets sucked out. Another weakness is that small cut offs and slivers will eventually jam the port so that I have to go in on hands and knees to clean it out.

DSCN0494.jpg
    Last edited by Harvey Pascoe; 10-27-2011 at 8:46 AM.