I seldom go to the big box store (best one here is an Ace Hardware). I get 55 gallon 3 mil trash/shavings bags, easier than the cans, and fold up when not in use. I get jobbers packs of Norton 3X sandpaper which some one mentioned. Titebond 2 glue. Screws and fasteners. Floor grade poly finish, and solvents. Two part epoxy. Gas can, bar oil, and fuel mix. A 25 ft. by 1 inch tape measure or 3, I prefer the ones that lock as they come out, and then you push the button for it to retract. Carpenter pencils. Utility knife. Face shield and/or safety glasses. Splitting maul and plastic wedges (if you ever get the chainsaw pinched when cutting up a log, you will know why you need these, though a sledge and wood wedges will do the same). Speed square, both 6 and 12 inches. You may be able to order a 2 speed or slow speed grinder from them. I have a metal frame rolling cart with metal shelves that I have found to be a 'must have' tool in the shop and for demonstrations. Dust masks. I am sure there are other things there, that is just all that comes to mind for now.

robo hippy