Hi,

I'm considering buying a used Laguna LT-18 bandsaw and I'm trying to figure out how to move it on a utility trailer.

I'm not comfortable towing this trailer with the bandsaw in a vertical position. My thinking is to remove the table and then lay the saw down horizontally on the trailer bed with the "stock feed" side (left side when looking from the front of the saw) facing down. The saw would be supported on the left side of the saw base plus a large wooden block under the spine of the saw, located about the height of the axle for the upper wheel. In addition a wooden block would be installed under the frontend of the saw, also at the height of the axle for the upper wheel.

The saw will be firmly tied to prevent movement in any direction. Scrap carpet pieces will be used to protect the saw finish at the base and on support surfaces. This cosmetic protection should not be a challenge. What I'm concerned about is the possibility of bending, warping, or twisting the frame of the bandsaw if it is transported in a horizontal position.

I'd appreciate any comments on my concerns, the plan I've explained, or other recommendations for how to move this saw on a utility trailer.

Thanks.

Bob