Thread: Long anticipated Mini Glaser gloat/review

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Long anticipated Mini Glaser gloat/review

I think I've been more excited about these tools than I was for my lathe way back when. Upon opening the box, I found a very sturdy canvas case to hold each tool in a dedicated pocket. To some you may think what for but for me, I have a lathe at work and one at home now. The first time I had to take an arm full of tools to work to make some table legs, I found it very hard to carry all those tools. Now I can just roll them up and off I go wheather it's across the shop to sharpen or across town to go to my business. My other concern was going to be how tight the fit was of the tool into the handle. What I found is, a very tight fit but not so tight as to be difficult. It actually has a slight vacuum pop when I pull the tool out of the handle. As a matter of fact, I can change a tool in about 1 second. No allan head to hunt down and no more time than grabbing another tool off the rack. When it comes to the quality of the tools, the only thing I could to think of to compair them to would be a surgical instrument. The attention to detail and the quality of the materials are something you really need to hold in your hands to appreciate. I can't think of any other tools I own that even come close. The feel of the tool in my hand feels very comfortible and extremely well balanced. Now I need to get on the glue up for my next segmented turning. I plan on using these to do the entire build. So far I can say that these are built to the highest quality one could expect. Another concern I've heard and that I also had, is the size of the tools. What I realized though is, the weighted handle and the rock solid metal that the tools themselves are made of, are just as heavy or heavier that my wood handled full size tools. Of course the proof will be in the use of the tools themselves so stay tuned. I'll be starting the glue up for my next turning tonight. Should be on the lathe this weekend. I'll have more pics soon too.

Last edited by Bill Wyko; 12-13-2011 at 5:07 PM.
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.