That's right. I have a Veritas bevel up smoother that I'm willing to ship to someone to take for a test drive. Why? Because I don't use it very much. Why? Because I don't build furniture...I build guitars. Back when I thought I built furniture, I got it as a gift, but we've all decided ("all" being me and my wife) that I don't have the time to build any furniture anymore because it's distracting me from my actual day job, i.e. building guitars. This particular plane just doesn't get much use in my shop and it's a shame, because it's a heck of a nice smoothing plane.

So this thing is taking up space and I want it out of my shop....but I like it FAR too much to sell it!

I will ship it to the first person to ask for it. Use it, sharpen it, abuse it...it's a tool...it should stand up to some abuse. I already broke the tote and sloppily glued it back together. Whatever. When you're done, post here and send it off to the next guy that wants to try it. Just keep me in the loop as to it's whereabouts. I believe in the good nature of most people, and I believe in putting my money where my mouth is.

So who wants to try this thing?