Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
I never go to "touch and feel" a product I want to buy. I research it carefully, select what I want and then click "buy", generally from Amazon, but sometimes from B&H Photo. I haven't been in a Best Buy for years...
I have to agree that doing your own research is an important part of being a smart consumer. Depending on the overly aggressive sales people in Best But or any other sales outlet to tell you what to buy is just begging for disappointment. But once I've decided what I want to buy, if BB has the best price they'll get my business (if it is in stock). I hate the noisy, in your face environment in their stores so I get in, grab what I want, and get out as fast as possible. I just bought a new desktop tower the other day and got an incredible deal. But if Best Buy were to go out of business tomorrow, they would just be replaced by another annoying, overly hyped, big box with equally poor service selling the same products. Someone mentioned in one of the replies that they get the feeling that Best Buy is just looking for suckers to come through the door. Unfortunately they don't have to look very hard.