(I posted this a few days ago in "General woodworking" got some views, but no responses. Thought I'd give this category a shot!)

I am in the process of updating/upgrading my DC "system" which consists of an 8-yr old Penn State 1.5hp single stage w/ Wynn filter and 10ft 5" flex hose that I move from machine-to-machine.

I have some larger equip, Euro combo machine and 16" bandsaw, along with ROS's, routers and the other usual suspects.

Ive thought of a larger cyclone and permanent 6" ducting a'la Bill Pentz advice, but I'm just a hobbyist and time is also at a premium. Some of the new, portable cyclones seem to have improved such that they might be an acceptable answer for me.

I'm most interested in the 2 & 3 hp portable gorillas, they have HEPA filters and seem to have high enough CFM's to be able to collect the "fines." The smaller, 1.5 hp Oneida and Grizzly CFM #'s seem a bit on the low side such that I'd worry that it's not enough to pull the fines.

I don't have any problem moving the hose to the machine I'm using at the time and I NEVER use two at once (though I'd truly like to figure out the age-old conundrum of being in two places at once!).

Id really appreciate some input from those of you that have any experience with these machines, or, those who feel I should just bite the time-bullet of installing permanent.

Thanks!