Thread: Trying to make a comeback to woodworking...new shop pics inside...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Trying to make a comeback to woodworking...new shop pics inside...

I've been away from woodworking for a couple of years and I finally have some help at my work so hopefully I can get back into the swing of woodworking very soon. I've not seriously woodworked in so long that I may not even remember how. I wanted to get my shop in shape before resuming my projects so I began by redoing all of the mats in my shop. I've had horse some stall mats on the floor for years but thay are a pain to clean and are really to hard to give my aching feet and back much relief and as I obviously plan to begin spending more time in the shop, it seemed a natural to try and make it more comfortable.

Harbor Freight has their shop mats on sale right now so I took the plunge big time. I bought 32 packs of mats which were $9.99 each. I had a 20% off coupon so tax and all I spent $279.33 for 512 sq.ft. of mats. That seemed like a pretty good deal to me.

Here's some pics of the shop and the finished floor mat project.......

45452735.JPG

93775778.JPG

69033289.JPG

6432147.JPG

Kind of a pain to cut and fit around all of the tools, benches and such but I think it was worth it. I tried to get everything to fit as well as I could.

88823256.JPG

46995646.JPG

32620325.JPG

Here is a shot of the outside for those that haven't seen it before. I built this shop when we bought our house and I've been woodworking in it on and off for 12 years. It is 30 x 40 with 10' ceilings. It has A/C and a wood stove for those cold days and nights. My shop hs been a great source of relaxation for me and I hope it will again be just that.

42326500.JPG

Hope to be posting pipcs of some actual work going on in the shop very soon. I stopped in the middle of building 10 dining chairs so I'll go back and post on that thread as soon as I acctually do some work.

There a ton more pictures of the shop on my website of anyone is interested in seeing more. Scroll down to the "Shop 2012" photos for the latest...

Thanks for looking!!! Hope you enjoy the tour.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 02-01-2012 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Removed personal W/S link. Linking to your personal website is not allowed per the TOS.