I was working on my shop doors today. Got the second one finished and drying about 2:00, so after a late lunch, I started back on door 1. Didn't fit the opening worth squat. Spent about an hour looking for my portable planer, got the door fit better to the opening, at least to the point that it should work, marked the position for the hinges, took the door down and started with the hammer and chisel. About 1/2 way through the first hinge, I decided that was for the birds. I never have been very good mortising hinges by hand, and I've tried a bunch of times. So I decided to break open that plunge router I've had for a while, and never used. PC 8529. Got it at Lowes on a close out at 159.95, less a 10% coupon I had. Might have been a rebate involved too with another PC tool purchase, can't remember. Man this thing is SSAAAWWEEEEEEETTTTTT!! The soft start is amazing. The only router I'ver ever used was a 3/4 hp B&D I won in a contest back in the 80's at work. It would torque really bad on starts, so I expected the 8529 to do the same.
Anyway while getting this thing out of the packaging, I found the receipt.....12/03/03. I'm ashamed it's taken me this long to find a project to use it on. Has this happened to any of you? Jim.