Hey all,

It has been a long time since I have posted anything that I have been working on, so I thought today was a good day to turn a beautiful piece of Ambrosia Maple that Mike Cruz sent to me. But the problem is.....I WANT MORE, MORE, MORE!!!!! It was absolutely wonderful to turn and I had big curls all over the shop, as you can see in the pictures I had them hanging on everything!

Ambrosia coring from Mike C (13).jpgAmbrosia coring from Mike C (6).JPGAmbrosia coring from Mike C (14).JPG Once I got it roughed out and wearing my stylish chip guard for my neck, I set up the McNaughton set and cored out 4 nice bowls. The big one is a hair under 15" then 12" and so on. The second largest was an afterthought as I had only planned on 3, but there was enough to get another so I went for it. I started at about 5/8" at the top and ended up about 3/8" on the bottom so I cleaned it up and glued a scrap on the bottom so I could basically finish turning it. It ended up with a thickness about 1/4" with the bit extra at the rim.Ambrosia coring from Mike C (11).JPGAmbrosia coring from Mike C (23).JPGAmbrosia coring from Mike C (25).JPG Here are the four bowls when I was done roughing and getting them ready for returning later. They are just beautiful and I can't thank Mike enough for the blank!

Ambrosia coring from Mike C (32).jpg I worked on another blank that I will put in another post later,

Jeff