I posted this earlier in General Woodworking and Power Tools and it got moved by someone to workshops, but it isn't a workshop question. It is a Power Tool question. It pertains to cleaning the ductwork in the HVAC system in my house. The equipment is a power tool or at least a new use for a power tool if it works.

Super Dust Collection Idea

What if I took the 2 hp HF model dust collector that is rated for 1550 cfm and attached a 10 foot 4 inch dust collection hose to it. I would then attach the other end of the 4 inch hose to the ductwork of my forced air furnace. Then I would get some flexible chimney cleaning brushes with extension rods and insert the cleaning end into the heat ducts of my house to dry scrub the ductwork. I would have around $250 into the system and would be able to keep the equipment afterwards. I would think this would be comparable to what a duct cleaning business would charge for cleaning my ductwork for me.

Do you think it would work?

Anyone had their HVAC ductwork professionally cleaned? Any pros or cons? Price? Results?