I am very close to securing a contract to make a wood product that is used around heavy equipment. It has parts that are made of wood, threaded metal rod, and 7/16 nylon rope. I know how to do the wood and assembly part of the job but would like some advice about threaded rod and rope. The job involves making thousands of these things so I need to do it well, but very quickly, so what is the best way to:

1. Cut threaded rod to some length, say 12", and deburr?

2. Cut 7/16 nylon rope to length?

The job will not start for a couple of weeks so I am looking to buy the best/cheapest tools that will allow me to do the job quickly without having a lot of quality or clean up issues. I had to price the job tight (who doesn't?) to win the contract. I plan on setting up a "U" shaped assembly line in my shop where I will bring in 2 x 4 s on a trailer, cut them to length, assemble everything and then load them on the trailer for delivery, so bring in 200 2x4 s, cut, assemble, and ship. Like I said I have done a lot of assembly work and I know how to do that, but cutting and deburring threaded rod and nylon rope are new to me.

Your Suggestions or experience?

thanks