Well early Sat. Morning I went to U-Haul and picked up a 4x8 trailer and headed to General Industrial Supply in Nashville. Rick (great guy, the owner) loaded me up with a nice Powermatic 66. I had saved up for a left tilt Jet, but they weren't getting any "Scratch and Dent". As time has marched on, the war chest had grown and I really needed to finish a crown molding job for SWMBO. She asked me one day
"when are you going to get that table saw you keep talking about so you can put up my crown molding?"
I just hated to tell her that I could do it w/o the saw, but I did want to rip some bevel backers from 2x4 and I had sworn off ripping long stock on my RAS years ago. Blah Blah Blah. An hour later I was back on the road to Knoxville. That was the gloat.

I managed to get the 500 pound saw out of the U-Haul and onto a piece of plywood by myself (the 3 helpers that said they would help me unload disappeared).And slowly into my shop. Whew. I have now installed the 54" fence and am going to have make some changes in my layout.

Question: I wired my outlets with the 4 wire cable in 10 guage; 2 hots, a common and a ground from a 30 AMP breaker in the sub panel. I have an isolated ground bar in the sub that is tied to the main panel by the lead wire and the common is also connected to the main panel by the lead wire. In the main panel the commons and grounds are tied together. I'm using the 4 terminal outlets (30 amp twist locks) and have the 4 wire 30 amp twist lock plug to match. Now the saw motor diagram and switch have instructions for the 2 hots and ground, so I'm thinking of getting 15 feet of 10 guage 2 wire and a ground and leaving the common empty when connecting to the plug. Or should I get 3 wire with a ground and connect both the common and ground in the switch?

Thanks for your help!

Hal