I went to my local woodcraft last Sunday to buy some blast gates, my wife had a 10% off birthday discount for February. I check the online prices on Saturday and the 4" aluminum were $12.99 each. In the store they rang up at $13.69, even though they were marked at $12.99. The clerk made the adjustment, then we paid for the purchase. BUT before leaving we noticed that the birthday discount was not taken off the blast gates. The computer considered the price adjustment a discount and would not allow a "double" discount. The clerk could not over ride the system. So we returned the blast gates and I bought them for less with free shipping and no sales tax from Rockler. I try to support local merchants, but I have to watch my pennies too. Woodworking is a costly hobby, as you all know.

My point in this post is that consumers need to double check the pricing they get and merchants need to have systems to correct computer short comings. The product in the store was marked $12.99 and we did have a valid 10% discount.

Just sayin'