Well, I saw Paul Sellers speak at the woodworking show in VA last weekend. I had been following him on the internet for a while now. I purchased his book and it has a chapter on how to build the bench he was using at the show. I gave it a good look and thought it was something I could work with. I have been planning a bench for a while and had gotten as far as cutting down 2 2x12x16's to 64' and placing them on a pair of workmates. I know lazy . Well reading this chapter of the book and seeing that I basically had the exact wood needed to build it I started. Paul's bench has a 10 1/2 inch solid 3.5 inch top of laminated pine and a well at about 12". He also seems to like it high as it is 38" high. I am going lower and swapping the well and bench sizes to give me a 13 1/2" solid top with 9 " well. I can't seem to find a pic of Paul's workbench online but if you Google Paul Sellers workbench it brings you to a youtube vid that shows it. Here are a few shots of my glue up. I'll post more as I progress.

Thanks, John

bench1.jpgbench2.jpg