There was a little bit of a buzz floating around on color fill on glass so I thought I would share with you guys a piece I did for my Mom’s birthday. There are probably many other ways to color fill, I used CerMark because that's the product I make and I'm very familiar with it. For the sake of this post I'm going to try to keep it as basic as I can and I figured I can answer questions later. It’s been quite a while now since I lasered this piece of glass but searching through my artwork, I’m pretty sure I remember how I completed it.

The first thing I had to do clean up the Artwork. If you look at the original painting, you can see a lot of excess colors in the sky and I knew if I Lasered this it would end up looking cloudy. So the second picture you can see I used CorelPaint and cleaned the painting. I also spruced up the contrast and sharpened the image a bit because laser’s seem to like a lot of contrast. Next I resampled the image to increase the DPI to about 300 and resized it according to the size of the final piece of glass. This is crucial because resizing the image in CorelDraw screws with the final DPI of the image. Almost done, in CorelDraw under bitmaps and mode I changed the image to CMYK. This allows me to work with the color separations in the print driver section. I almost forgot to mention that I ran a couple of test grids of the bronze, (LMC-6001P) and black (LMC-6044P) on a scrap piece of glass so I can pick and choose the colors I would like. I choose a dark grayish and black power/speed setting for the black and blue tones and a dark copper-ish color and goldish colors from the bronze power grid that I used for the yellow and magenta. Finally I sprayed the black on, set my print driver to print separations (Color Tab at top), set my power settings for each color, opened the print preview and printed each sheet individually. When done I washed off the excess material sprayed on the bronze, realigned it in the machine and did the same procedure as I did for the black. I hope you enjoy this little tutorial!
OG bird small.jpgmOM'S bird 2 small.jpgMom's window small.jpg