I have had my Grizzly G0555X for about a year now. I would say that I have been generally pleased. Even so, I've always been a little frustrated (a couple of times more than a little) with the guides even though this "Extreme Series" model comes standard with ball bearing guides. Right from the beginning I thought that they were rather noisy and that they were a bear (pardon the pun) to adjust properly because of the single point locking screw and the eccentric style adjusters. I also thought the thrust bearing didn’t quite have the adjustment range needed to work properly with a 1/4” or 1/8” blade.

Anyway, received a couple of Visa gift cards for Christmas and I hadn’t used them yet so I decided to order a set of Carter Guides. I opted for the Micro-Adjust model. I got them yesterday and installed them, which by-the-way was very easy to do. Then I got right to work testing them out. First I raced through some sharp curves with a 1/4” blade (what I already had in the saw) then I swapped that out for a 3/4” blade and did some resawing. When I was done I stood there for a minute reflecting, then I did the only thing I could do. I picked up the phone and called Carter to give them a piece of my mind. That’s right; I just had to tell them…

WHAT A FREAKIN AWSOME PRODUCT THEY MAKE!!!!!!!!!
WOW! It’s like I have an entirely different saw. It is quiet and the adjustment process is ridiculously simple. But, that isn’t all… My saw now cuts far far better I ever imagined it could in any mode and with any blade.
I only wish that I had gotten these a year ago when I bought the saw. Now I’m going to have to save up for the “Stabilizer” add-on, their “Quick Release” lever, and the “AccuRight Ratchet-Rod”. Of course, by then I will have as much money in upgrades as I have in the saw itself. Ahhh, but what a saw I’ll have!!!

Carter Guides 01.jpgCarter Guides 02.jpg