I received the following email from item_230@usps.com. It is incomprehensible enough to be a genuine government message, so I assume it is.

Postal notification,

Courier service couldn’t make the delivery of your parcel.
Status deny:An error at postal code.

LOCATION OF YOUR PARCEL:Plano
SERVICE: Local Pickup
NUMBER OF YOUR PARCEL:
For the number, the email has a string of twelve letters and digits.

FEATURES: No

Label is enclosed to the letter.
You should print the label and show it in the nearest post office to get a parcel.

An additional information
If the parcel isn’t received within 30 working days our company will have the right to claim compensation from you for it's keeping in the amount of $14.25 for each day of keeping over limited time.

You can find the information about the procedure and conditions of parcels keeping in the nearest office.

Thank you for attention.
USPS Logistics Services.
"Your parcel" might refer to a package that I shipped or to a package addressed to my name. I'll assume it refers to a package I shipped. (I did recently mail via USPS two packages at a local UPS store. )

There was no attachment to this email. The "label" might refer to the " NUMBER OF YOUR PARCEL:.....". It would be natural for government document to identify something as "NUMBER" and then refer to it as "label", wouldn't it?

I didn't find any way to track the package on the usps.com webstie by using that number. So, should I print out the number and stand in line at the local Post Office?