The 18-200 AF-S DX lens is a good all around zoom lens. And as Joe said, for a prime lens, the 35/1.8G is a great lens. It's on my list as well as a 10-24mm for it's 109 degree field of view. They make a 10.5 fisheye that has 180 degree FOV, but I don't like the distortion that goes with it.

On a side note, I managed to pick up a perfectly functioning D40x body on ebay for $50 & $10 shipping. The seller had it listed at $300, NON-working, said it wouldn't power on. I sent them a message stating it wasn't a gold nugget, and that functioning bodies could be had for less, and offered $50 being kinda smart. I'm guessing they thought they would "stick me" having to pay for it. I gladly payed for it, knowing I could either fix it, or resell parts from it. It arrived today, body and a completely discharged battery. Installed a charged battery, and it powered right up, takes pictures, functions fine. The battery also took a charge and seems to be ok. Upon checking the exif data of a picture, the body only has 2490 shutter actuations on it, and 30 of those are mine.