I posted here a few weeks ago on shop vacs and ended up getting the rigid 14 gal mainly because it was considered the quietest in the Rigid line. It is much quieter than my old yellow screamer so I am happy with that and it really sucks (in a good way). I will most likely try the muffler but I have read many mixed reviews on it. So what machines can you plug this into and have it work as dust collection. I am probably going to add a dust deputy to it. I am thinking this for what my shop has:

Delta 14" BS with 2 1/2 port. I think this will plug right up and work fine.

Delta Contractor saw. Not sure what can be done with a contractors saw. I know there are those things that mount under them that you hook the hose to but do they work? I might just use the vac to clean up after this one but that does nothing for dust.

Older Rockwell 46-111 lathe. My thought here is to add a big gulp and a section of hose behind the lathe. then plug the shop vac into it when in use. I am assuming a drop down from 4" to 2 1/2 will be needed and will work ???

I recently sold my jointer but still have the 6" Delta bench top POS for an emergency. Would have to rig something to this but it is hardly ever used as my Stanley Jointer takes care of that work.

Dewalt RAS. Older model and I would need to add something to it.

Dewalt DW733 planer. It has a 4 inch port on it but I am a little leery that dropping this down to 2 1/2 inches will not handle the load??? Any thoughts?

Smaller sanders and such. Should plug and play no problem with correct size adapter.

I have an extremely limited space and this will sit in the corner of my shop and reach everything but the lathe with a 12 foot hose. I will most likely add connectors to the tools so that the 12 foot length of hose plugs into whatever I cobble to each tool. I would of course love to get as many of these tools as I can working but some pose issues RAS/TS and the Planer might overpower it. I do think the rest are doable with some imagination. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated... John