Thread: Guess I should be flattered???

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Guess I should be flattered???

I have an Etsy shop and have sold quite a few items over the years. I have a segmented mesquite vase listed that placed first in an art show. I priced it very, very, high because I really don't want to sell it, it is just listed basically as advertising. I received the following message yesterday: (copied and pasted)

Hello,

I just come across your ads listed for sale and i will like to know if you to know if you still have iit available for sale and also want to know the conditions of it at presently, please do let me know your final asking price for it, and i hope to read from you urgently. Email Me private : usatemps78@yahoo.com

Regards..

The poster account on Etsy had been opened that day. The account was deleted by Etsy within 30 minutes of me reporting it to them. I am flattered that someone likes it enough to try and steal it, but seriously? With galleries not paying you, crooks trying to steal your stuff, and everything in between, it seems that it is getting harder and harder to make a profit turning.
    Last edited by Robert McGowen; 07-18-2012 at 2:17 PM.