Thread: finish advise...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    markus shaffer Guest

finish advice...

Hello all,

I'm about to start a kitchen cabinet job which suddenly got a whole lot bigger yesterday. The client came to my shop and had decided to add quite a few other projects to the job. However, the timetable is still somewhat the same. I've been reading about a couple finishes that are designed for spray guns and I'm curious if anyone here has any experience with them as they might be able to save me a bit of time.

The first is Crystalac 2001 sold by McFeely's. "No more catalysts to mix, no more wondering if you got the formula right. Just stir and shoot." the ad professes... Too good to be true?

Next is J.E. Moser's Diamond Shield from Woodworker's Supply. Pretty much the same description as above, "No catalyst to mix, no thinning required. Self sealing; performs best when applied to bare wood."

Last is J.E. Moser's Premium Spray Lacquer. "...ready to shoot finish..." the descripion states..

Basically I havn't sprayed such big pieces in my shop as I don't have very good ventilation. It looks like I'm not going to have a huge amount of time on this project now, so my hope is to find a spray finish that works with a minimal amount of fuss. Any advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

-Markus
    Last edited by markus shaffer; 07-02-2003 at 9:48 PM.