Thread: LV bevel up jointer

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

LV bevel up jointer

Hey, all! I haven't been around much lately, but I just wanted to share my good mood...
    I recently purchased a LV bevel up jointer and couldn't be happier. I spent a long time trying to decide between three options: getting an old plane and restoring it, an LN, or the LV. I finally pulled the trigger on the LV . I also got the jointer fence. This plane is awesome! I went with the O1 iron, which is ground at 25 degrees. Only a couple of minutes on an 8000 grit stone was enough to get the iron cutting. Refreshing the iron after some use I went straight to the 8000 and it sharpened up quickly. (a Norton 8000 stone was another recent purchase I'm very happy with )
    Having a solid, straight, nearly maintenance free plane really helps with confidence. I can just set up and go. With my limited time, that's a big plus.
    Just thought I'd throw out my 2 cents for anyone who might be on the fence about buying a new jointer.
    if you want a little more detail: http://milwaukeemonastery.blogspot.c...nter.html#more
    Last edited by Mark Baldwin III; 09-11-2012 at 5:50 PM. Reason: bevel UP...bevel UP...bevel UP
    If it ain't broke, fix it til it is!