I have been doing quite a bit of reading on spray systems and I have read VERY VERY little about anyone who sprays lacquer with an electric airless sprayer.

I worked at a smallish custom cabinet company during college and over that four years I sprayed my fair share of MagnaSand and MagnamMax with an electric airless. I liked it, no thinning and it was FAST. Now I am not saying it was a perfect finish, but even though it was the only way I ever sprayed I thought the finish quality would stack up to any HVLP work I see. Is there a reason why it is not popular?

The main reason I am asking is that I am thinking of getting back into woodworking (I use that term loosely on here, I hope I don't get banished for my love for pocket screws and brad nailers, time is money after all ) for myself and a few family projects and I need to get a spray system. (To be honest I am so spoiled by having commercial equipment at my disposal that it is hard to think of building casework without a 42" widebelt, 5HP Cabinet Saw, dual shapers, etc..., but I ENJOYED it when I did it it, so I'm diving back in.) I bought a Spraytech Airless sprayer a couple years back on a Black Friday sale (it's still NIB), so I am thinking of upgrading the spray gun and using it to spray like the old days, but should I look into a HVLP system instead?