My apologies for posting on two forums here, but I was hoping to get some information fairly quickly, and thought this was my best chance.

Procrastination being one of my more obvious traits, I am trying to get ready to leave for a Wyoming/Washington trip tomorrow a.m., and am now fussing with the settings on my camera.

Last year I shot a big bunch of pics to share with others electronically. Using a 128 mb card set to best resolution/superfine compression, I got about 125 pics per card. Each pic took a looong time to send, but the quality was excellent (pic, not photographer's ability). I did get a couple worth blowing up. The web site that did my blowups said I could expand that resolution/compression combo to 16x20, but I opted for 8x10, and the quality was great.

This year I want to get a few more pics per card, so I have set my camera still to best resolution (1600x1200), but lowered the compression to fine instead of superfine. The card now tells me I will get about 200 pics per 128mb card instead of the 125 with superfine compression.

Okay, now the question: How will the lowered compression affect my pics? Most of my pics will simply be transferred to a picture CD for the home album or put into a PowerPoint for my classroom, but some, if I'm lucky, may be used for blowups to 8x10, or maybe 11x14. Will this be possible with the lowered compression?

I appreciate any advice more experienced users can give. I hope you see this in time...I'm leaving at 9:00 a.m. Tuesday. I'll have time to quickly check for responses, but probably not to individually thank you, so pardon me if I do that now.

See you in 4 weeks.