I caught a sale a Woodcraft early last summer and bought myself a Laguna LT14SUV bandsaw. Though I used my father's bandsaw a lot as a kid, this is my first "real" bandsaw that I've been responsible for anything beyond pushing the on/off buttons. I set the thing up as best I could and got results that satisfied me at the time. I did think it was a little odd that the drift angle was pretty much at the limit of what the stock fence could accommodate. However, I then managed to add the DriftMaster fence a little later on. With that longer fence blade, it was more evident just how extreme the drift angle actually is. At the time, I couldn't figure out why it was like that, so I just left it along. Well, the other day, I happened to be behind the bandsaw and looked at it just right and was shocked to see what the problem is.

The upper guide blocks are rotated probably 30* to the outside in the plane parallel to the table. In other words, if you were to stand on a ladder and look straight down the blade onto the table from above the saw, you'd see that the guide blocks were rotated about 30* to the left. This is causing the blade to twist as it passes through the guide blocks (Laguna ceramic guides) so that, when it passes through the work on the table, it's about 30* skewed relative to the table itself. That's obviously what's producing the tremendous drift angle since the guides themselves are presenting the blade to the work at a huge angle. Obviously, I need to figure out why the upper guides are twisted like that and straighten them up.

Before I start tearing into the bandsaw without having any clue what I'm doing, is there an actual adjustment for getting the guides parallel to the rest of the saw body, or is this evidence of something being truly wrong with the saw?